Skip to main content

Deepika-Kareena are not item girls in SRK film

Three years ago Deepika Padukone was supposed to make her debut in a film to be directed by Priyadarshan. She opted for Shah Rukh and Farah Khan and Om Shanti Om instead."I'm so glad that she did Om Shanti Om and not my film, she got lucky " says Priyan tongue-in-cheek, finally breaking his long silence. "Yes, she was being seriously considered for a film called Pirates about music piracy.But the film didn't work out. I'm so glad Deepika made her debut with a film as successful as Om Shanti Om, and that too with Shah Rukh Khan, " says Priyan from the sets of Billo Barbar.Besides Deeepika who'll be shooting later after she returns from her international shoot, Kareena also makes a guest appearance."Shah Rukh has asked one more heroine to join him. But Kareena and Deepika agreed because of Shah Rukh. They aren't performing item songs. They play his heroines."Priyan had been trying to rope in Shah Rukh for years."I had offered him four other films. I never made those films. You can't make a film written for Shah Rukh with anyone else. Then now when he finally gave me 65 days, he said he's busy with the IPL and I'd have to adjust dates accordingly.Then I narrated Billo Barbar to him. He got really excited and said, 'IPL and this film happen side by side'. This film takes me back to my Viraasat. I feel I've gone back to my roots."Billo Barbar is a remake of the Tamil film Kadha Parayumbol which Priyan's regular writer Sreenivasan had directed.Continues Priyan, "Irrfan Khan plays the title role and Shah Rukh plays a superstar called Saahil Khan. It's inspired by the mythical friendship between Lord Krishna and Sudama but done in a completely contemporary context.It's about a village and the changes that happen in it when a superstar descends on the village. What people don't know is that there's a very strong suspense element in the film, "informs Priyan.Regarding Irrfan the director says, "Any big star would've agreed to play the title role. But I wanted someone who looked like a real gao wala, a hardcore barbar. Irrfan is learning hair-cutting. But I'm not letting him cut my hair. Not yet.Can't take the risk"

Popular posts from this blog

Chandrika Saha Model

Indian Model Chandrika Saha in a glam photoshoot. Chandrika has modelled for many a fashion magazines and beauty products. She has also been a foot model for Lakhani as is justified by her superb legs and feets below

Pierce Brosnan Movies List

The Matador 2005 After the Sunset 2004 Laws of Attraction 2004 Austin Powers in Goldmember 2002 Die Another Day 2002 Evelyn 2002 The Tailor of Panama 2001 Dolphins 2000 The Thomas Crown Affair 1999 The World Is Not Enough 1999 Grey Owl 1998 Quest for Camelot 1998 Dante's Peak 1997 Tomorrow Never Dies 1997 Mars Attacks 1996 The Mirror Has Two Faces 1996 Robinson Crusoe 1996 Detonator II: Night Watch 1995 Don't Talk to Strangers 1995 Goldeneye 1995 Love Affair 1994 The Broken Chain 1993 Detonator 1993 Entangled 1993 Mrs. Doubtfire 1993 The Lawnmower man 1992 Live Wire 1992 Mister Johnson 1991 Murder 101 1991 Raw Heat 1991 Victim of Love 1991 Around the World in 80 Days 1989 The Heist 1989 The Deceivers 1988 The Fourth Protocol 1987 Taffin 1987 Nomads 1986 The Carpathian Eagle 1981

Nag-Trisha and the KING movie unit

KING movie on the sets - these photos show some glimpse at how a movie shooting will look like. Check out, the images are really worth a watch. [ Trisha-Nagarjuna on KING movie shooting ] - See More Here -