Skip to main content

Ekta told me to leave: Smriti

Actress Smriti Irani, who is set to return to TV as Tulsi - the character that catapulted her to fame - says due to her long association with STAR Plus and Balaji Telefilms, she couldn't refuse when they asked to make a comeback."I was asked by the production house and even the channel to come back. Honestly, I couldn't refuse since I have a very long association with them," Smriti told on phone from Mumbai.The actor portrayed Tulsi's character in the soap "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" for almost seven years before she was asked to leave the show by the head honcho of Balaji, Ekta Kapoor.Considering that her flawless acting was credited with taking the TRPs of the show to an all time high, Ekta's decision to ask Smriti to leave the show surprised many. But she did.Said Smriti: "I am in a professional arena and I never felt it was important to ask Ekta as to why I was being asked to leave. Similarly, I didn't even question her when I was asked to make a comeback on the show."According to Smriti, the best aspect about "Kyunki..." is its audience. "The audience of the show, which is so appreciative and loyal, has always been the best part," she said.While she was on a 10-month hiatus from the show, another popular actor, Gautami Kapoor, played her character.But Smriti said: "I don't know how well Gautami did as Tulsi because I never saw the show or her acting.".During her break from "Kyunki...", the actor concentrated on her production house Ugraya Entertainment and made serials like "Thodi Si Zameen Thoda Sa Aasmaan" and "Viruddh" that were aired on Sony TV and "Mere Apne" that is currently aired on channel 9x.Smriti also appeared on Zee TV's drama "Teen Bahuraniyaan" as Vrinda Mausi and her role came to an end in the show only recently.The actor is, however, confident that she will be able to chalk out ample time for her production house despite her gruelling schedules for "Kyunki...""I always managed my time well even while I was shooting earlier. So I am sure I will be able to do the same even now," she said.Smriti seemed to have no inkling about how she would reappear as Tulsi and said it was something for the creative directors to think about

Popular posts from this blog

Foyce Le Xuan Hot Singapore Actress Wallpapers

Singaporean Hot Actress Foyce Le Xuan Photos Gallery Pitures Pics.

Sexy Tv Actress Neepa Boobs Show

neepa , hot neepa , sexy neepa , hot neepa boobs show, sexy neepa cleavage show, hot tv actress pictures

Bollywood Actresses Popupar

Bollywood actresses, some of the most beautiful and intriguing women in the world, are becoming increasingly popular as popular icons India women,Sexy women IndiaBollywood actres